Last month, WhatsApp Inc. launched the much-awaited WhatsApp Business app. According to the company, the main objectives of this app are:
- To make it easier for businesses to interact with their customers
- To separate business communication from personal communication
- To help users create an official communication channel for their business
If you are an online seller or sell products via Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram, the WhatsApp Business app (currently only on Android) could be a very powerful tool to grow your business. Many of the 50,000 plus sellers using Shop101 to run their own e-commerce stores have already started seeing the benefits of using WhatsApp Business app, and we’d love to share how you can too!
Let’s have a detailed look at how you can accomplish the objectives laid out above.
Objective: Make it easier for a business to interact with their customers
Problem: Let’s face it, at one point or another, all of us have found it difficult, even annoying, to process orders and reply to customer queries on WhatsApp. Order details often get lost in the ever-growing pile of WhatsApp messages. Hundreds of different customers ask the same questions about your products and orders (price, delivery status, shipping details, COD availability etc.) and the same answers have to be typed and explained again and again. Customers are able to message you at any time of the day and night and a late reply might result in an unhappy customer or, worse, a canceled order.
- Quick Replies feature on WhatsApp Business
With Quick Replies on WhatsApp Business, you can reply to all the Frequently Asked Questions from your customers almost instantaneously. No more typing, copying and pasting the same answers or information again and again. Here’s how you do it.
- Open WhatsApp Business. Click on Menu Button > Settings > Business Settings > Quick Replies
- Tap Add (+)
- Set message for the quick reply. Eg. “The price of this shirt is Rs. 1800”
- Set the keyboard shortcut for this quick reply. Eg. “PriceShirt”
- Click on Save
To use Quick Replies, just type “ / ” followed by the shortcut (eg. “ /PriceShirt “) on any chat.
- Order Management on Shop101
Having a Shop101 storefront makes your order processing activity completely automated. All your orders are recorded and arranged on the dashboard on your app so that you can easily take account of orders that are pending approval, shipment or delivery at any time. And communicating with your customers about the status of their order is automated too; just click a button and your customers get both an email and SMS with a detailed update.
- Away Messages on WhatsApp Business
Use the Away Message feature on WhatsApp Business to send messages to customers when you are busy. Remember, in an online business, feedback and quick response is key to customer success. Since your customer cannot see you in person, the next best thing to do is to ensure you are always there for them…even when you’re away! Here’s how you can use it.
- Open WhatsApp Business. Click on Menu Button > Settings > Business Settings > Away Message
- Turn ON Send Away Message switch
- Tap on the pencil icon to edit and set the Away Message. Eg. “Thank for contacting Awesome Store. We are unavailable at the moment but eager to respond to your message. Please visit our online store www.shop101.com/awesomestore to view our product range.”
- Define the schedule for your Away Message. Choose any one option between Always Send (Away Message will be sent to any incoming message), Custom Schedule (Away Message will be sent to incoming messages between specific times) or Outside of Business Hours (Away Message will be sent to incoming message arriving outside business hours defined in your WhatsApp Business profile)
- Click on Save
Objective: Separate business communication from personal communication
Problem: According to WhatsApp, close to 80% small businesses use WhatsApp for day-to-day communication with their customers. But mixing business messages with personal messages on WhatsApp is often a recipe for disaster, especially when your business is growing and the number of messages in your WhatsApp inbox becomes unmanageable. We’ve all faced embarrassment when a private message intended for your friends gets sent to your customers by mistake.
- Business Profile on WhatsApp Business
Business profile works as your business’s visiting card. It can help you create the right first impression in customer’s mind. Here’s what you should fill in your WhatsApp Business profile.
- Open WhatsApp Business. Click on Menu Button > Settings > Business Settings > Profile
- Profile picture – put a picture of your business logo or, if you don’t have one, a picture of your product(s)
- Business description – 2 or 3 lines about what you sell and what can customers expect in your products and service
- Official email – professional email address which you check regularly and respond to
- Store address – physical address of your store or business location. You can also set a precise location on the map as well
- Business hours – set the times and days of the week your store is open for business. This information is also used by WhatsApp Business to trigger Away Messages
- Website – your online webstore, for eg. www.shop101.com/awesomestore
Pro tip: Getting a website for your business becoming difficult? Worry not! Get a Free professional ecommerce ready website on Shop101. Create a beautiful website at no cost using their free app, no credit card required. Visit www.shop101.com for more details or download app at www.shop101.com/app
- WhatsApp Sharehead on Shop101
The Shop101 WhatsApp Sharehead brings your entire catalog of products and order related information on WhatsApp. Just click on the Sharehead Bubble and get access to all your products which can be shared easily to any WhatsApp contact without leaving the WhatsApp window. What’s more? When your customers message you on WhatsApp, you can see the details of the current order right there on the WhatsApp chat window.
- Statistics insights on WhatsApp Business
The Statistics feature on WhatsApp Business gives you the power to make decisions about your marketing efforts. If you’re confused about which messages or offers work better with the customer then use Statistics to judge their performances and make the right decision about them.
To see your message statistics, open WhatsApp Business. Click on Menu Button > Settings > Business Settings > Statistics.
Pro tip: Send different messages on different days and note down their respective statistics. Compare later to find out which one worked better for your business.
Objective: Create an official communication channel for your business
Problem: Trust is one of the biggest factors for success in selling products online. With the heavy increase in individual online sellers, as well as reports of fraudulent ecommerce transactions (such as soap bricks delivered instead of mobile phones), trust is even harder to earn these days. This could mean a loss of sales as well as loss of customers.
- Greeting Message feature on WhatsApp Business
A warm Greeting Message on WhatsApp Business is the best welcome you can give your customers. It drives immense trust in a new customer as well as gives you the comfort of not having to worry about a proper welcome to potential customers, especially when you are occupied. Here’s how you can activate it.
- Open WhatsApp Business. Click on Menu Button > Settings > Business Settings > Greeting Message
- Type the message you’d like to greet a new customer with. Keep it short, warm and sweet. For eg. “Hello. Welcome to Awesome Store. Our famous leather sandals are back in stock. How may we help you?”
- If you like, set WhatsApp Business to automatically trigger a Greeting Message on two occasions – 1) when a new customer messages you for the first time and 2) when a customer messages you for the first time after 14 days
- Click on Save
- Own ecommerce store on Shop101 with Trustmarks
Shop101 gives you the power to launch your very own e-commerce storefront within minutes. And your newly created storefront contains all the right Trustmarks (such as FedEx, MasterCard, VISA, American Express and many more) from the get-go. And that’s not all. Your Shop101 storefront is fully HTTPS Secure so that your customers can shop at your store with the knowledge and comfort that all their information is encrypted and fully secure. So, what are you waiting for? Visit www.shop101.com for more details or download the app at www.shop101.com/app.