Business is for everyone who is willing to take a little risk, be good at decision making and managing finances alike. Whether it is a business from home or an offline one; there’s a different feeling about running your own business. In a time when we talk about women empowerment and supporting small businesses, all kinds of simple business ideas for ladies have cropped up. Social media has had a huge role in creating these opportunities for women. In fact, social commerce is soon catching up in our country. This is mainly because of the influencer culture we’ve grown so fond of. In this article, we will suggest a few simple business ideas for ladies, that will encourage them to be financially independent.
Apart from being financially stable, running your own business also gives you the liberty to be your own boss. Since you’re in charge of it all, you’re also learning and unlearning a few things. So, let’s look at a few tips that you can use in your business.
7 tips for ladies who want to start a business of their own
- Take it one day at a time
- Set your goals right from the start
- Be open to criticism as it will help you do better
- Stand out, don’t fit in!
- Remember that learning is an ongoing process
- Manage your finances well and learn to invest wisely
- Up your game and stay focused in order to motivate your team
There are definitely more tips that we can add to this list. In fact, reading about successful women entrepreneurs and businesswomen will also guide you in your business. Get a hold of some of the business magazines or articles online that talk about successful businesswomen and their journey. It is a great way to take lessons and pointers while starting out on your own.
While tips and tricks are a part of the trade, the main question is what kind of a trade you will be interested in. Furthermore, you need to see if you want to run it online or rent a space for it. Depending on the capital and the kind of business, this won’t be a tough call per se but a decision you will need to take nonetheless. To make things simpler, here are a few simple business ideas for ladies that you can look into. May be these ideas will help you decide if you want an online or an offline business.
3 simple business ideas for ladies
As a consultant, you will be responsible to help the business grow, manage projects of team members, network with clients, potential clients and other consultants. You have to consult the top bosses on matters related to the business and provide valuable solution. Now this is something that can also be done online. Initially, you can join a company to gather enough expertise and then branch out on your own. But how does one start a simple business idea such as this one? Let’s take a look below:
- Assess your skill set and strengths
- Research the market to understand what the requirements are
- Ensure that you have a digital presence for clients or companies to find you
- Invest in basic tools like setting up a website that talks about your services
- Hire staff for specific roles only
- Know how to pitch your services
- Learn to write client proposals
These will help you start your business with ease. Be specific about the kind of services that you offer and create a pricing list accordingly.
The lockdown has definitely added a few kilos here and there because of all the home food, different food experiments and mainly inactivity that we’ve been a part of. This is the right time for a business like personal wellness to take birth. It is also a win win situation for you because you can also adopt a healthier way of life. So, what are the different business ideas for ladies who would like to make this into a career? Let’s find out.
- Become a certified personal trainer and help people work on their physical fitness
- Invest in a fitness franchise and earn from it
- Start blogging about health and wellness. You will need to take baby steps when it comes to blogging about this niche but after proper research, you will find enough material to create and post content consistently
- Become a fitness coach online by creating a channel on YouTube. You can also consider doing LIVE fitness training sessions along with prerecorded ones.
- If you’re passionate about food and you can tell apart proteins, carbohydrates, starch etc. and the importance of various nutrients, you could start a business for healthy meals. You can also create an app that allows people to order their health meals directly from there.
- Work around the idea of creating a corporate retreat centre. Corporate life can often make you unhealthy and lethargic. Tap into creating a healthier environment for clients.
So start a wellness business and help people make sustainable life choices, based on your clients goals and current lifestyle. Before you start a business in this niche, understand who your target audience and what you want to sell to them. If it is products then your business plan might be a little different from that of a fitness and lifestyle trainer so plan ahead and take it one day at a time.
The online reselling business has changed the game for the Ecommerce industry over the last few years. With the increase in the number of women resellers, this business has redefined the idea of running a business online. The whole idea of owning a business without having to invest in it, appeals to the users. This is especially in the case of students, stay-at-home moms, new mothers, budding entrepreneurs and may be even you! So let’s see how you can go about it.
Online reselling can be done in 2 ways but we are going to talk about the one which requires zero investment from your end. This can happen by signing up with an online reselling platform that helps you set up your own store by picking products from their catalog. GlowRoad, Cartlay, HiBoss, Shop101 are some of the portals that allow their users to run an online business. If you’re looking for a risk free business app that also allows you to create a website for your brand, then Shop101 is the best there is.
Shop101 has empowered 9 lakh plus resellers to start their own business without having to worry about the resources to do so. All you need is a smartphone and good internet connection and you’re good to go. The Shop101 app is easily downloadable from the PlayStore. It is also a very user-friendly app and anyone with basic knowledge about how to use apps will know to access it.
The online reselling business at Shop101 also allows you to share products directly onto WhatsApp, making it easier for you to provide product information to your customers. Also, the product catalog has a variety of items that you can add to your store for the purpose of reselling. So you’re not limited to only a specific niche and can explore your options further. Isn’t this a great way to earn money online?
Get to know more about online reselling at Shop101 in the video below. Also, don’t forget to like, share and subscribe if you like what you see.
So you see, these 3 simple businesses for ladies will really help you fix the career gap, earn extra income or just enjoy the work you do. There are other options as well for ladies to work from home and earn money online. If you do know of some more opportunities, don’t forget to mention them in the comments section below.
Before you go, don't forget to subscribe to our blog.
Our confirmation email includes link to download our app.